pages

search the rooster

Thursday, November 30, 2017

i am getting an harmonica

That's right. AN harmonica.

Finally the tie-in. ;o)

Anyway, I have been hemming and hawing over this for years. I have made several declarations to do this over the eons, but never did it. More recently, I decided it would be a good idea to help improve my memory.

At the same time, I decided to take the leap and learn this instrument with this fascinating sounding kit, at Lee Valley, finally. They were sold out! While waiting hopefully for this great store to get the kit in stock again, I could not contain myself anymore. So, recently I emailed them and they said they would most likely never get it in again.

I had been researching it on and off up until this point and could not find the kit anywhere else. Then, I looked at the image of the book on the Lee Valley website (for as long as the link lasts). Lo and behold, there was the creator's name on the book jacket.

I did some further research and found he had a website. I contacted him/them and they got back to me very quickly. I have now ordered an instruction book, cd, and an harmonica.

Hopefully, I will have it in due course shortly. If I get it before next weekend's hike, I may very well attempt to entertain the Scouts. At the least, it will probably get them to pick up the pace and maybe set a hiking record!? blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment