pages

search the rooster

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

carolling, books, and bouillon

Not much to report today. Running around again, but tonight was nice.

The Scout Troop went to a retirement home to sing Christmas carols to the residents. There was a Wolf Cub Scout and a Scouter from one of the Packs as well.

We sang for about an hour. I did as well. My singing was less Frankenstein-ish than usual. It surprised me.

Anyway, the residents seemed to have had a good time too. Some even sang along.

At the end, they expressed their gratitude.

However, to be honest, we are the grateful ones. To be given the opportunity to spread some joy and happiness is always something to be grateful for.

It can be a difficult endeavour for some. But, when one has the chance to do so, it should be taken. To make some one else smile, particularly some one you do not know, is one of the greatest gifts that can ever be given.

The Scouters also had  another opportunity to make others smile. Somehow, through a series of misunderstandings, we elected to do a Secret Santa gift giving for the Scouts. We each got four Scouts, except the Troop Scouter, he got five Scouts.

We all got something different for the Scouts. Nothing too big or expensive, but basically, something they can add to their outdoor gear.

No, I will not tell you what I got for them, it would spoil it.

I got something too: no salt, organic, chicken bouillon, from one of the Scouters. That basically arose from another misunderstanding.

We had talked about getting some bouillon for the camp we had  a while back for supplementing meals and drinks. I picked some stuff up, but not what the other Scouter had been referring too. So, I guess, to put me on the right track, she gave me a packet.

It is under the tree right now. It is one of the coolest gifts I have ever gotten.

She loaned me two books as well: The Journals of Lewis and Clark and blueberries. the second is a small tome of poetry by Jessica Smith. Well, I presume it is loaned. It is a limited release, 20 of 200, and signed. If it were a gift, it would be too much for the likes of a surly, harrumphing, and bellowing fellow such as myself.

Anyway, that is it for me today. Looking forward to reading both books and having some chicken bouillon too! blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment