pages

search the rooster

Friday, April 14, 2017

rideau trail - canada 150 challenge -- done!

So, I went out today to hike as usual, but also to do some trail maintenance on the section of the Rideau Trail the boy and I were assigned to maintain.

Three-and-a-half hours in; two-and-a-half walking, one hour "standing still". The standing still was when I was trimming and putting up trail markers. I was also walking back and forth a lot to check the signs for visibility. That was over five kliks. On the way back, same distance: one hour. What a difference.

But let me tell you, as the Vikings used to say after pillaging on land all day, "My feet are Thor!" Ha, ha, ha, haaaa.

I put in a total of 11.14 km. That puts me over the top for the Rideau Trail Canada 150 Challenge. My total on the Rideau Trail this year as of today is, drum roll please, 154.31 km.

Woo-hoo!

my stats, i actually was hiking at over 5 km/h on the way back


my route, there and back again

I have submitted my logs and await, with bated breath, for my reply.

Of course, I am not stopping my hikes, but will mostly do the 4k loop. Yet, I do need to go back to the other section to add some more markers for clarity for other hikers.

I celebrated with Pepto Bismal, the champagne of diarrhea medicine. Not really. I had a Lucky Buddha Beer and a couple of pepperettes.

Anyway, pretty tired from hiking. I know, not a very long distance, but still. And all the working on the trail.

I may go to bed earlzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

No comments:

Post a Comment