pages

search the rooster

Sunday, December 10, 2017

k-troop completes the 150 challenge

I am so proud of these guys. Our Scout Troop did three hikes since September on the Rideau Trail. Not only have they completed the Canada 150 Challenge, almost three times over, twenty-eight unique people have participated in these hikes. This includes Scouts, Scouters, parents, and a Cub Scout from the Kemptville Pack.

I will break it down for you. Over these three hikes, the total mileage of every participant was: 427.20 km. Today alone, they have 162.74 km. The other two hikes were 189 km (that was the Rideau Challenge Journey) and 75.46 km. These totals actually exclude the mileage of the boy and myself. I have already completed the 150 Challenge and the boy only needs 5.66 km and he wants to complete it on his own. He can do that on our little stretch of trail. Probably next weekend. Now, if you add the mileage from the boy and myself the total moves up to: 504.14 km. Pretty cool.

Anyway, today we had a staged hike. A small group started out for the roughly 20 km hike. Then, at a designated point we met another group which would hike 10 km. Finally, we picked up our last group for the last 5 km. Everyone was great. Especially our two Scouts who did the whole 20 kliks.

Anyway, I did the, just over, 20 kliks as well. My dogs are barking and I have a full, busy day tomorrow. I just wanted to spread the joy. And hey, if you have a Scout Group, or any other organisation, youth or otherwise, and are near the Rideau Trail, it is not too late to participate in the 150 Challenge and even complete it. Three weeks is plenty of time. Go to the 150 Challenge page and take a look. You will have a blast. 

Nighty-night rabbits. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment